Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nauvoo GOAL trip

Nauvoo GOAL trip


I  would say my favorite part of the trip was when we were in the family living center learning about how they had lived in that time.
       Something I learned on our trip was that oxen stocks were used to shoe a oxen for the trip to the rocky mountains.
      One of the main reasons the mormons left was due to the surrounding towns were very angry that the mormons had a certain belief and a way of life that was frowned upon by the towns in the neighboring counties.
      The main thing I want to more about is the blacksmith's job and how they did their job.
Thank you for reading about my Goal trip.  

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was interesting how an ox will fall over if it tries to stand on 3 feet. I also thought the pioneers were good problem-solvers, thinking of a way to transport the devices so they could shoe oxen along the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it would be super hard to be a Mormon back then. They stuck with what they believed in, and that is the most important thing of all. What do you think? I also think that the surrounding towns and counties didn't really understand what the Mormon religion was really about. They basically judged a book by it's cover.

    ReplyDelete